By Luxe Colore
Welcome to Global Style
Fashion is as much a part of film as lighting and music. If the character has an integral role, viewers usually want to look the part. Let’s take a look at 10 fashionable movies.
- Alfred Hitchcock’s 1958 film Vertigo made it fashionable for women to wear skirt suits and couture coats. Leading lady Kim Novak accessorized with croc handbags and gloves, simple makeup and her hair pulled back.
- In the 1971 movie, Shaft, Richard Roundtree made leather look cool. His long leather coat, gloves and pants were as powerful as his character.
- There is no fashion list without Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Audrey Hepburn made every woman in America want to wear a little black dress to parties.
- The 1964 movie A Hard Days Night drew attention the Beatles infamous look of grey suits, collarless jackets, short cropped turtlenecks, skinny black ties, and zipped boots.
- The Devil Wears Prada focused on high fashion with Anne Hathaway wearing stylish dresses and coats, paperboy hats to double chain necklaces.
- Sex in the City showed how color accentuates any outfit. Classic, sexy and structured looks stood out in this film.
- Annie Hall made vintage menswear stylish and sexy for women. The baggy pants, derby hat, vests, jackets and oversized ties were imitated across the country.
- In Mahogany, Diana Ross was really the boss. Her eye-catching and coordinated pant suits, hats and gowns had female viewers talking and shopping.
- The 1995 film Clueless made every girl want to be Alicia Silverstone’s character, Cher. All of her strapless or crop tops, plaid skirts, and short dresses matched perfectly and was accessorized with thick heeled shoes and headbands.
- American Gigolo put Richard Gere on the map for being one of the coolest guys dressed in Armani suits and ties. His casual attire was a simple shirt and jeans paired with a jacket.
Tanya was determined to develop a shopping experience that linked exceptional specialty products and designers to a larger market. Luxe Colore is a carefully and thoughtfully curated shopping experience that welcomes the exciting, the audacious, and the unique shopper.